What Is Tijuana Tuesdaze?
Tijuana Tuesdaze is an exciting weekly event that offers fantastic deals at Tijuana Flats. Taking place every Tuesday, it’s considered one of the best days of the week for Tex-Mex lovers. During Tijuana Tuesdaze, you can enjoy a special offer of two delicious tacos, accompanied by chips and a drink, all for just $6.99. And if you’re craving steak, you can add it to your order for only an additional dollar. It’s an irresistible opportunity to satisfy your cravings while saving some money. This is our interpretation of celebrating Taco Tuesday.
What is Taco Tuesday?
Taco Tuesday is a popular phrase and concept in the United States that refers to a designated day of the week, typically on a Tuesday when people gather to eat tacos and other Mexican-inspired dishes.
The idea behind Taco Tuesday is to have a designated day of the week when people can come together to enjoy tacos and Mexican-inspired cuisine, often at a discounted price. Many restaurants and bars offer special deals or discounts on tacos and other Mexican-inspired dishes on Taco Tuesday to encourage people to come in and celebrate the occasion. Some people also celebrate Taco Tuesday at home by cooking Mexican and Tex-Mex-inspired dishes and inviting friends and family over to enjoy them. The phrase “Taco Tuesday” is often used playfully or casually, and it has become a popular way for people to socialize and enjoy Mexican cuisine.
When is Taco Tuesday?
Taco Tuesday is typically observed on Tuesdays, as the name suggests. It’s a weekly event that has become a popular tradition in many Tex-Mex and Mexican restaurants across the United States. However, the specific date or time of the Taco Tuesday promotion may vary depending on the restaurant or location. Some restaurants offer Taco Tuesday deals all day, while others may only offer them during certain hours. It’s best to check with your local restaurant to see when they offer their Taco Tuesday promotion. Additionally, some restaurants may offer Taco Tuesday deals on different days of the week, such as Taco Thursday or Taco Friday.
Taco Tuesday Origins: Where did Taco Tuesday come from?
The origins of Taco Tuesday are somewhat murky, but it is believed to have originated in the 1980s as a marketing ploy by a fast-food chain. They started offering discounted tacos on Tuesdays, hoping to attract more customers during the slower midweek period. The promotion proved to be successful, and the idea of Taco Tuesday caught on like wildfire.
Today, Taco Tuesday is a widespread tradition in many restaurants and not just fast-food chains. It’s an opportunity for restaurants to showcase their best taco creations, and for customers to try new and exciting variations of this classic dish.
Is Taco Tuesday a tradition?
Yes, Taco Tuesday has evolved into a tradition in many places, particularly in the United States. While it may have started as a marketing promotion by restaurants, it has become a recurring event that people look forward to and participate in regularly. Here’s why Taco Tuesday is considered a tradition:
- Regular Occurrence: Taco Tuesday is typically held every Tuesday, creating a routine that people can anticipate and plan for. Many restaurants and eateries consistently offer taco specials or promotions on this day.
- Social Gathering: People often use Taco Tuesday as an opportunity to gather with friends, family, or coworkers. It has become a social tradition where people come together to enjoy good food and company.
- Established Expectation: Over time, the association of tacos with Tuesdays has become firmly established in the minds of many. People may naturally think of having tacos on Tuesdays, even without the explicit promotion or advertisement.
- Cultural Recognition: Taco Tuesday’s popularity has led to its recognition as a cultural phenomenon. It is referenced in media, talked about in conversations, and embraced by a wide range of people.
- Celebration of Cuisine: Taco Tuesday celebrates Mexican cuisine and the enjoyment of tacos. It has become a way for people to explore and appreciate different types of tacos and toppings.
- Variety and Exploration: Some individuals and families use Taco Tuesday as an opportunity to try new taco recipes, fillings, and flavor combinations. This sense of culinary exploration adds to the tradition’s appeal.
- Restaurant Specials: Many restaurants have incorporated Taco Tuesday into their regular offerings, showcasing a commitment to the tradition and encouraging customers to make it a part of their routine.
- Memorable Alliteration: The catchy alliteration of “Taco Tuesday” contributes to its stickiness and memorability, making it more likely to be adopted as a tradition.
While Taco Tuesday may have started as a promotional concept, it has evolved beyond its marketing origins to become a fun and enjoyable tradition that brings people together over a shared love of tacos and good times.
Taco Tuesday in Pop Culture
Taco Tuesday has become a significant part of popular culture, and it’s often referenced in movies, TV shows, and music. Here are a few examples:
- The Lego Movie – In the 2014 animated movie “The Lego Movie,” the character Emmet Brickowski (voiced by Chris Pratt) sings a song called “Everything is Awesome,” which includes the lyrics “It’s Taco Tuesday, every day.”
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – In the popular TV show “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” the character Detective Terry Jeffords (played by Terry Crews) is a big fan of Taco Tuesday and frequently mentions it throughout the show.
- The Good Place – In the hit TV show “The Good Place,” the character Jason Mendoza (played by Manny Jacinto) hosts a weekly event called “Jortles and Ladders,” which is often interrupted by his love for Taco Tuesday.
- The Simpsons – In a 2015 episode of “The Simpsons” called “Walking Big & Tall,” Homer Simpson becomes obsessed with a new taco restaurant in town and declares every Tuesday as “Taco Tuesday” in his family.
- Music – Many musicians have referenced Taco Tuesday in their songs, including rapper Migos in their hit song “Taco Tuesday”.
These are just a few examples of how Taco Tuesday has become a beloved and celebrated tradition in popular culture.
Stop in any Tijuana Flats on any Tuesday and get your Taco Tuesdaze meal. Choose your tacos:
- Beef & Black Bean
- Beef & Refried Bean
- Black Bean
- Blackened Chicken
- Blackened Chicken & Black Bean
- Blackened Chicken & Refried Bean
- Classic Chicken
- Classic Chicken & Black Bean
- Classic Chicken & Refried Bean
- Refried Bean
And remember for $1 extra you can enjoy steak tacos.