Giving back to local communities where we live and work is the heart of Tijuana Flats’ restaurants and Foundation. Our support is focused on organizations benefitting children and our brave military.
To assist children and our military, Tijuana Flats’ Just in Queso Foundation invests in local 501(c)3 organizations that serve the areas of:
The Foundation Does Not Invest in:
- Event Sponsorships
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability
- Political, legislative, or lobbying organizations
- Religious endeavors
- Fraternal organizations and related events
- Athletic teams or events
- Fiscal agents and other organizations that primarily provide funding to nonprofits
- Nonprofit agencies not operating primarily in communities where Tijuana Flats does business
In addition, the Just in Queso Foundation does not make gifts or donations of any Tijuana Flats products for any purpose.
For requests for support that include donations of Tijuana Flats food, hot sauces, merchandise and/or gift cards, please contact your local Tijuana Flats’ management team.
Levels of Support
Here are guidelines to help you determine the best type of support to request from Just in Queso Foundation.
Community Partner Grants
- Community partner grants fund the programs and services of nonprofit organizations in the communities Tijuana Flats serves. Ideally, they’re paired with volunteer support from Tijuana Flats team members for the programs funded by the grant.
- The foundation board of directors will review grant requests from local organizations on a quarterly basis. 2016 requests for support will be due on these dates:
- 1st quarter: December 18, 2015
- 2nd quarter: March 31, 2016
- 3rd quarter: June 29, 2016
- 4th quarter: September 28, 2016
- The foundation will award funds to organizations as voted on by the board of directors and in relation to available funds and current priorities.
Local Restaurant Donations
The foundation has allocated $1,000 to each Tijuana Flats restaurant location for the managers and staff to donate to the local charitable organization(s) they choose.
Organizations receiving a local restaurant donation must
- Be a registered 501(c)3 organization
- Align with the Foundation’s focus giving areas
- Provide documentation of the specific use of the money donated
Employee Assistance Fund
When a Tijuana Flats employee is facing hardship or has had a personal emergency the Foundation may be able to provide a small donation to help in the situation from the Employee Assistance Fund.
These donations, not to exceed $1,000, will not be paid to individuals, but will cover costs of critical needs directly (i.e. – medical bills, temporary housing costs, etc.).
Donation of employee assistance funds will be determined by a separate committee outside of the foundation board of directors and Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex.
Due to the often urgent nature of these requests, this committee will do their best to evaluate all cases as soon as possible